Enter your team in the Harraways Junior Warriors Team Competition and be in to win great prizes for competitors and their school!
Compete in the traditional Scottish athletics just like the professional athletes.
- Toss the Caber – throw a wooden pole for distance
- Stone Putt – throw the stone any way to get near target
- Farmers Walk – carry the stones as far and fast as you can
- Junior Warriors Stones – a timed event to see how quickly you can lift three ‘stones’ onto barrels
The Harraways Junior Warriors arena will run two areas for 2021. The Teams Competition will run from 9am – 12am. There will also be Have A Go activities run from 12.30pm – 4.00pm for children under the age of 14 years to try a Caber Toss, Haggis Hurl and Farmers Walk.
Team Competition Details:
- The competition will be run from 9am – 12.00am; teams must be ready to compete at 9am. Competitors must wear sturdy closed toed foot wear.
- Teams of four children aged 8 – 13 years as of 1st October. Younger children can enter but no handicap will be given, the minimum age is 6 years.
- Teams are mixed.
- There will be different weights for age groups. 8-9yrs, 10-11yrs, 12-13yrs
- Schools can enter up to three teams, but you don’t have to enter as a school team, anyone can enter a team so long as they have an adult manager.
- Each competitor will compete in each of the four disciplines: Caber Toss, Stone Put Hororata Junior Stones and Farmers Walk;
- All attempts will be measured and recorded (one attempt per competitor);
- Competitors will be ranked in each section i.e., longest/quickest to shortest/slowest. Points will be awarded to competitors according to their rankings i.e., 1st = 1pt, 2nd =2pts. From the individual scores, team totals will be collated and the top three teams (with the lowest totals) will be declared winners.
- Entry closes 29th October 2021. No entries are taken on the day.
- Entry fee – $20 per team, includes entry ticket for competitors and one team manager.
- 1st Place: a glass Hororata Highland Games trophy, individual gold medals competitor plus the team will win their school a big Harraways Oats Scottish breakfast catered by Country Feasts. The value of this breakfast is $1000.00.
- 2nd Place: individual silver medals
- 3rd Place: individual bronze medals
Overall Individual Winners
- 1st Place: gold medal
- 2nd Place: silver medals
- 3rd Place: bronze medals
The Hororata Community Trust has made the difficult decision to cancel the 11th Hororata Highland Games planned for the 6th of November 2021. The Hororata Highland Games is a significant outdoor event attracting around 10,000 people annually, and can only operate in alert level 1. Any competitors who have paid will be automatically refunded to the credit card they paid with. This could take 7 working days to show in your account.
All competitors will be issued a competitor pass and will need these to enter the event, regardless of age.
Remember to get your discounted supporters tickets! No gate sales this year.
Your supporters can purchase tickets online