Enter your team in the Junior Warriors Inter School Competition and be in to win great prizes for competitors and their school!
Compete in the traditional Scottish athletics just like the professional athletes.
- Toss the Caber – throw a wooden pole for distance
- Stone Putt – throw the stone any way to get near target
- Farmers Walk – carry the stones as far and fast as you can
- Junior Warriors Stones – a timed event to see how quickly you can lift three ‘stones’ onto barrels
The Harraways Junior Warriors arena will run two areas for 2018. The Interschool Competition will run from 9am – 12pm. There will also be Have A Go activities run from 12.30pm – 3.30pm for children under the age of 14 years to try a Caber Toss, Haggis Hurl and Farmers Walk.
Interschool Competition Details:
- Competition will be run from 9am – 12.00pm; teams must be ready to compete at 9am.Competitors must wear sturdy closed toed foot wear.
- Teams of four children aged 8 – 13 years as of 1st October. Younger children can enter but no handicap will be given, minimum age is 6 years.
- Teams are mixed.
- There will be different weights for age groups. 8-9yrs, 10-11yrs, 12-13yrs
- Each school can enter up to three teams.
- $30 entry per team includes gate entry for competitors and one adult manager.
- Each competitor will compete in each of the four disciplines: Caber Toss, Stone Put Hororata Junior Stones and Farmers Walk;
- All attempts will be measured and recorded (one attempt per competitor);
- Competitors will be ranked in each section i.e., longest/quickest to shortest/slowest. Points will be awarded to competitors according to their rankings i.e., 1st = 1pt, 2nd =2pts. From the individual scores, team totals will be collated and the top three teams (with the lowest totals) will be declared winners.
- $30 entry per team includes 4 entry tickets for competitors and one adult ticket for manager. Entry closes 3rd November.
- 1st Place: a glass Hororata Highland Games trophy, individual gold medals competitor plus the team will win their school a big Harraways Oats Scottish breakfast catered by Country Feasts. The value of this breakfast is $1000.00.
- 2nd Place: individual silver medals
- 3rd Place: individual bronze medals
Overall Individual Winners
- 1st Place: gold medal
- 2nd Place: silver medals
- 3rd Place: bronze medals
Click here for download the entry form. Entries close 2nd of November.
Remember to get your discounted supporters tickets!
Your supporters can purchase tickets online or at the Selwyn Libraries or Hororata Motors at a discounted rate.